The aim of the Foundation AHUCE
The overall objective of the AHUCE Foundation is to improve the quality of life, education and social integration of all people with Osteogénesis Imperfecta. This objective is developed in the next Decalogue, as it is collected in our bylaws.
Decalogue AHUCE Foundation
To achieve its overall objective of improving the quality of life of people with OI in all areas, the AHUCE Foundation will focus on the following activities:
- Promote health research osteogénesis imperfecta, as well as knowledge of the disease by the socioal personnel and adequate training to meet the needs of people with osteogenesis imperfecta.
- To promote research and knowledge in all fields to facilitate the adjustment and social integration of people with osteogenesis imperfecta.
- To promote and initiate all activities that contribute to personal, cultural and human development of people with osteogenesis imperfecta, improve social integration, employment, and quality of life of those affected by osteogenesis imperfect and their families.
- Directly or indirectly promote activities that make real and effective the fundamental right to education recognized in the Article 27 of the Spanish Constitution. Likewise, promote the removal of architectural or human barriers that prevent or hinder the social integration of the affected.
- Monitor within our own sphere of influence that the correct knowledge and medical information of the pathology is current and validated internationally.
- Collaborate with international organizations of people with osteogenesis imperfecta and scientific and social organizations that directly relate to the disease, and carry of the aims of the AHUCE Foundation.
- Promote activities that directly or indirectly encourage or improve the quality of life, education and social integration of all people with Osteogenesis Imperfecta.
- Manage programs proposed by any entity public or private, both the Spanish State and the environment Community or international, for the benefit of people with OI and their families.
- Conduct, support or promote public or private initiatives to contribute to the dissemination and awareness of society regarding osteogenesis
- Create companies whose objects match the principal order of AHUCE Foundation, which are aimed to improve the quality of life of people with osteogénesis imperfecta and promote its incorporation into the workplace.